Skin cancer surgeon John B. Harris, MD, MBA, FACS trained at The Mayo Clinic, offers skin cancer screening and biopsy for skin cancer diagnosis in Jacksonville, FL
Nationally and internationally recognized plastic surgeon John B. Harris, MD, trained and practiced at The Mayo Clinic, has more than 30 years of experience. He and his team offer skin cancer screening and biopsy for skin cancer diagnosis and surgery with on-site pathology by SPL (certain select days). His skin cancer surgical practice is a true passion, and the best possible patient outcomes are his priority. Once skin cancer is diagnosed and treated, patients trust his expertise for lifelong skin care management.
Dr. Harris’ medical education includes:
- Bachelor’s degree Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN)
- Medical Degree | Southern Illinois University Medical School (Springfield, IL)
- General Surgery (board certification) | The Mayo Graduate School of Medicine (Rochester, MN)
- Plastic Surgery (board certification) | The Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine (Rochester, MN)
- Fellowship, Cosmetic Surgery | Mount Sinai Hospital (Miami, FL)
- Fellowship, Microsurgery | Royal Melbourne Hospital (Melbourne, Australia)
- Board Certified | American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified | American Board of Surgery
He is a:
- Fellow | American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Diplomat | National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member | American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member | Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member | Greater Jacksonville Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member | Duval County Medical Society
- Member | The St. Johns County Medical Society
Dr. Harris is recognized and highly recommended for his expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive surgical techniques. He has led medical education programs through live and televised surgical procedures in Europe, South America, and the Far East. Considered a foremost expert in plastic and reconstructive surgery, he has operated or lectured in over 20 countries, presented more than 60 lectures, and authored many clinical papers on various plastic surgery issues.
Since his early years at The Mayo Clinic, he has had a keen interest in managing all types of skin cancers and performing many thousands of skin cancer and facial rejuvenation surgeries. Dr. Harris believes that the FSCC team skin cancer program is the best to address skin cancer issues because the FSCC approach includes:
- A board-certified plastic surgeon removing the skin cancer
- A board-certified pathologist or dermatopathologist analyzing the skin cancer
- A board-certified plastic surgeon closing the wound for the optimum cosmetic result
SKIN CANCER Screenings
Book one now – a screening may save your life!
FFSCC physicians speak to nonprofit, community, and corporate groups about the incidence of skin cancer and the importance of screening.